Florida State University Credit Card / Merchant Services Account Program Manager
Phone: (850) 644-9475
The Controller's office Merchant Services group provides day to day operational support to on-campus departments with active merchant accounts (Discover, MasterCard, Visa and American Express cards). Other services provided include coordinating new merchant accounts and ensuring all merchants are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures and standards as required by the University and the Payment Card Industry (PCI).
Merchant Services has the following responsibilities regarding the acceptance of credit cards on Florida State University's campus.
- Serve as the first point of contact for any credit card processing inquiry on campus
- Issue and maintain all equipment necessary to accept credit cards on campus
- Review all departmental requests for merchant service
- Monitor merchants’ compliance with PCI DSS, and provide guidance to merchants on PCI issues
Interested Departments must first complete a University cash collection point application available from Treasury Management, and be approved to be a University payment card merchant by way of the application for payment card merchants through Student Business-Payment Card forms.
Upon approval of a Department's application, the representative designated in the application must become familiar with the requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). As a first step it is recommended that the representative browse the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council's website, as well as read and become familiar with the PCI-DSS Quick Reference Guide. Click here for the full PCI-DSS Requirements and Security Assessment Procedures Version 3.2 April 2016 as published by the PCI Security Standards Council.
Please review the additional information and resources below.
- University Policy 4-OP-D-2-G – Payment Cards Policy
- Finance and Administration Policies and Procedures
- University Policy 4-OP-F-3 – Records Management
- University Policy 4-OP-F-6 – Destruction/Shredding of Confidential Documents and Records
- University Policy 4-OP-F-7 – Safeguarding of Confidential Financial and Personal Information
- University Policy 4-OP-H-5 FSU Information Security Policy
- Procedures for Reporting a Financial Security Breach